States, And Local Governments With Populations Over 50,000 (Cities And Counties) Will Receive Direct Funds Via The New Treasury Portal:
- Access the US Treasury Submission Portal here
- Make sure your organization has an active SAM registration
- Make sure your org has a DUNS number
- Gather payment information (EIN; your name and contact info; name and title of authorized representative of your org; bank name, contact info, routing/account number)
- Certify for funds by verifying your identity using ID.me (according to NACo, ID.me is a trusted tech partner to multiple government agencies and your information is secure)
- To get certified/verified, you will need: SSN, driver’s license or passport number, facial recognition
- On the portal page, click the “Request Fiscal Recovery Funds” button
- Follow the steps to complete your funding request using the information you’ve gathered in steps 2-6 above
- In 4-5 days after submission (which includes time for ID verification by Treasury), you will receive your first wire transfer which will be 50% of your requested funds
- No earlier than May of 2022 (next year), you will receive the remaining 50% of your funds
What ARPA fund investments will make a big difference for your staff AND your constituents?
- See a list of benefits for the community AND agency operations here (this list was created for CARES, but applies to ARPA too!).
- Learn more about how ARPA is different from CARES