Changing Laws Affecting Public Safety In All States
GovQA’s forward-thinking information exchange solution for simplified public records compliance is adaptable and continuously updated with proactive enhancements based on changing laws. We’re keeping an eye on laws affecting public safety organizations (some which have significantly expanded the types of records that agencies are required to release); and developing solutions.
Do More with Compliance Solutions for Law Enforcement
New laws across the country can require public access to several types of peace officer personnel records previously available only through court proceedings (and the new laws can be retroactive). GovQA is monitoring changing public safety legislation across the US. Ask us if your state or local government might be facing new public records requirements related to:
If you’re a Public Safety Organization, ask us about our special Compliance Solutions for Law Enforcement PRR that include:
- Built-in deflection methods specific to the new laws that make it possible to avoid many requests before they’re submitted
- Redaction software to mask sensitive personnel info directly within the system
- Automatically send staff alerts prior to deadline and requester notices while records are withheld
- Automatically create activities to check whether criminal investigations remain open, then disclose or continue to withhold as the law mandates
- GovQA’s Fortress Security on Microsoft Azure Government for CJIS compliance
- Proactive page setup: release retroactive records
DID YOU KNOW? Some FOIA software companies take shortcuts with their redaction tools by linking to out-of-the-box Adobe redaction tools instead of going the extra mile to create their own tool set. Why should you care?
Using Adobe redaction (instead of an in-tool solution like GovQA) breaks the audit trail the moment users open Adobe — and it opens a hole in the security when users upload and download files to and from Adobe.