The Peers in Public Records Blog: Top Resources
With hundreds of articles, tips, tools, infographics and videos created to let you self-serve when and where it’s convenient for you; our goal is to highlight challenges you face and provide solutions to consider. Whether you’re in the beginning stages of exploring options beyond manual processing methods; are aware of technology solutions; or are ready to buy and looking for assistance in convincing others in your organization of the need to modernize — we are confident that you will find something useful here.
To get you started, we’ve collected some of our most useful resources:
- Why is Specialized FOIA Software Is Better Than Email and Spreadsheets?
- Software Tools All Government Agencies Should Consider for Public Records
- Cost Justification for Public Records Software (free 1-on-1 walkthrough with spreadsheet)
- The PiPR Index – Proof that Managing Requests is Getting Harder
- How Automated is Your Public Records Request Workflow? (evaluation scoresheet provides letter grade and tips for improving processes)
- Best Practices for Fulfilling Public Records Requests (checklist download)
- Drowning in Public Records Requests?
- Take the PiPR Survey – What is your agency prioritizing for next year?
- ARPA Funding for Public Records – Convincing Others to Invest ARPA in Public Records (letter template)
- Public Records Request Management Solution Checklist (PDF download)
- Free Spreadsheet to Manually Track Public Records Requests (temporary solution if you can’t buy GovQA now)
- PiPR Podcast Series – Episodes on Change Management
Public Safety/Law Enforcement Agencies – Top Resources
- Lessons Learned in California As Police Disciplinary Records Become Public
- 5 Implications of Body-Worn Camera Footage on Law Enforcement Public Records Processes
- Volusia Sheriff’s Office Serves Community (and Saves Taxpayer Money) with 21st Century Public Records Processing (case study)
- Public Record Request Intake: Creating Perfect Forms
The Peers in Public Records Newsletter (formerly FOIA News) is a bi-monthly e-newsletter brought to you by GovQA. It is a collection of the latest trends in public record requests and government transparency initiatives, shared stories, informative case studies, and actionable knowledge that will help you calm the chaos and keep your organization compliant. Send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.